About Pam Farrington
As a fitness instructor, I am looking to take my clients somewhere new, doing something fun, that leaves them feeling great!
Since graduating from the University of Florida in 1983, with a degree in Exercise Science, I have continued to further my education to bring new ideas to my clients, to help them stay active and enjoy the process. My newest method of training is GYROTONIC®. I have found it to be a great way to train, no matter what your level of fitness. It is an excellent way to stay fit and a great supplement to other forms of exercise. It is simply what the body needs and you cannot get this kind of movement in any other form of exercise. See my section on About GYROTONIC® for more details.
If you are interested in experiencing the GYROTONIC® method, I would love to introduce you to it.
Pam’s Experience & Credentials
Pam graduated from the University of Florida in 1983, with a degree in Exercise Science. Since that time, her interests and experiences have evolved and she has continued her education to help facilitate the journey of all around good health to her clients. She has worked with “healthy” individuals and those with various physical limitations and challenges. Her experience includes:
- Setting up exercise programs for outpatient physical therapy patients
- Working with elite athletes in outpatient Physical Therapy
- Working with outpatient cardiac rehabilitation patients
- Setting up in-services for employees of fitness center and physical therapy center
- Setting up and running the exercise portion of the weight loss program for a hospital wellness center.
- Continuing Education in all areas of health, nutrition, exercise, physiology, psychology, and health promotion.
- Educating and guiding those with increased health risk factors and high biometric readings (High BP, high cholesterol, glucose and triglycerides, high BMI, high body fat percentages).
- Corporate Health Coaching, telephonically, for employees of a health care company in Chicago.
- Independent Health Coaching, for individuals locally/telephonically.
- Extensive experience working with those that have physical challenges, such as knee, shoulder and other orthopedic limitations, Parkinson’s, MS, and other chronic diseases.
- Senior Fitness: Including classes to improve balance and sharpen the mind.
GYROTONIC® Training, Completed July 2016
University of Florida, B.S. in Exercise Science, 1983
Personal Trainer, ACE
Lifestyle and Weight Management Consultant, ACE
Wellness Coach, ACE
Life Coach, Coach Training Alliance
Specialist Certificate, Brains & Balance Past 60
Forks Over Knives Plant Based Cooking Course